Author Topic: DayZ  (Read 593 times)

DayZ
« on: October 05, 2012, 01:48:20 AM »

Offline FreAK

• uGz Admin Group
  • Jr. Poster
  • Awards UGZ Donator
Anyone heard of this game yet?  Well, it's a mod from the ArmA series but they are currently making it into it's own game.

I've been watching this dude on youtube named SideStrafe play it and it looks pretty awesome.  But since i'm a zombie fanatic i guess i think anything zombie is awesome.

Well it's basically a huge sandbox... maybe as big as Skyrim?  and you spawn near the coastline when you first start.  You start out with a pistol and a few other things.  There are no quests really... i guess the point is to stock up on supplies and survive...  This game makes you have to eat food and drink fluids in order to survive.  If you don't wrap your wounds with bandages you will bleed out. Daytime and Night time will depend on what server you play on and it is realtime.  So if you play at 12am, it's night time ingame as well.

I think I heard him say there are 60 people to a server.  When you die, you lose everything and will have to start over again.

Patches are done on this game almost everyother day.

Idk.. this is my kind of game and when i get back in country i'm going to start playing it.  So it would be cool to play with some of you guys and we can hang out in vent so communicating is easier. 

Just look up SideStrafe and watch his LetsPlay series on DayZ for more ingame info.  I think this video will give you a good idea of the game...keep in mind that it is a mod that is in alpha... but the actual full game that will be for console/PC will be out in the future.

If you don't want to watch it all, at least watch the last 6 minutes of the video..  ;)

http://dayzmod.com/
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 02:37:00 AM by FreAK »

Re: DayZ
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 10:53:11 AM »

Offline BOT

• Uber
  • Administrator
  • Very 1337
  • I'm a cybernetic organism
  • Awards UGZ Donator Very 1337
    • UnifiedGamerZ
Alucard has been playing this game a fair bit and Knievel is a zombie fanatic so if people here got playing DayZ I'm sure he'd be a regular.

Alucard just brought to my attention yesterday this new competitor in this genre called WarZ.  It's just nearing release.

As an administrator, this member has all possible permissions.

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 02:31:18 PM »

Offline King-Stubbs

• uGz Member Group
  • Jr. Poster
both games look great to me

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 09:58:46 PM »

Offline FreAK

• uGz Admin Group
  • Jr. Poster
  • Awards UGZ Donator
Yeah, i've heard about WarZ.  I say let there be competition between 2 sandbox zombie games.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:13:40 PM by FreAK »

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 10:03:33 PM »

Offline chiefrocka

• Jr. Poster
i actually play dayz. its fun i play on my cousins private server. in regulars servers real people pick u off as if it was a sport for no reason even if u dont have anything. but if u played with a group its so fun. but i play private just me my brother and cousin.. on the warz thing it was started as war inc then they saw dayz it hit big... warz looks like junk just wait for the dayz stand alone game it will be worth the wait trust me...

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 03:44:14 PM »

Offline Ki|roy

• uGz T-Admin Group
ive been looking for a new perm server to hang out on since my favorite got shut down x(
if anyone has a good ( non-hacker infested ) server they play on, please share :D